FIND is a Christian-based registered charity that was founded in 1990 to provide emergency assistance to families or individuals affected by poverty or dispossession. FIND befriends without judging and gives support to those in need. The charity started over 20 years ago by Maureen Reynel MBE has grown to be an essential support mechanism in the local community.
Who does FIND help?
Families IN Need helps those living in Ipswich and surrounding areas that are deprived of a minimum standard of living, be they single, families, lone parents, children, elderly, sick, disabled or homeless. Referrals are received from local statutory agencies – not by self referral. For more information on who to contact to get help for someone you know in need, please go to Get Help.
FIND’s focus is on providing emergency aid – regardless of age, gender or creed. Our Christian stance is – “everyone is family”.
What does FIND offer?
We provide, free of charge, food, household items, furniture, nursery equipment (e.g. cots and nappies), beds and bedding and, when available, cookers, washing machines and refrigerators.
Our work is often based on time-critical needs – for example if an individual or family is suddenly placed in accommodation without any furniture or cookware.
What area does FIND cover?
We cover a 25-30 mile radius of the Ipswich area, going as far as Sudbury and Leiston.
Who provides the resources?
We depend on volunteers for all of our work. Our volunteers come from a variety of backgrounds, beliefs and and no one who works for FIND is paid for their time. We rely on donations and grants of money from individuals, churches, charitable groups and some public bodies. We operate independently of local and national government and are run as a charity. Fundraising is undertaken by the Director and supporters.
Who delivers the help?
FIND is managed and run by a small group of committed volunteers. Bulky goods are transported in the charity’s own van. We desperately need additional drivers to help meet the growing demands for our services.
What does FIND need?
- Regular collections of non-perishable food by churches & other groups
- Van crew and people to help with deliveries throughout the year
- Donations to support out of pocket expenses such as storage, rent, vehicle costs including fuel and road tax, purchase of food and other items and payments to individuals in relief of poverty.
- Groups and/or individuals to initiate and organise fundraising events
- Donations of good quality, clean basic household goods e.g. beds and bedding, sofas, chests of drawers, table & chairs, soft furnishings, white goods and kitchen equipment (Items must comply with safety regulations)
For more information please contact Maureen Reynel on 01473 833351.
FIND (Families in Need) Limited, A Company Limited by Guarantee, Reg Charity No. 1106050, Registered in England No. 5115880